New ultra high solids epoxy for easy on board maintenance and corrosion control
Fixing minor corrosion spots before they lead to major dry dock repair work and at same time meeting IMO's "GOOD" ballast tank coating condition are big advantages for ship owners. Hempel's new moisture tolerant and fast-curing Hempadur EM 35740 is the ideal solution for this.
Ballast tank corrosion is a major worry for shipowners as it can lead to structural failure. But corrosion repair usually means taking a ship out of service for dry dock repair. With Hempel's new Hempadur EM (Easy Maintenance) 35740 corrosion spots can easily be fixed - even at sea.
Hempadur EM 35740 is a new ultra high solids (96%VS) and damp surface tolerant epoxy coating primarily for on-board maintenance and repair of ballast tanks. The product, available in 2.5 litre cans, is intended for brush application and it is particularly well-suited for spot or smaller area maintenance or repair in hard-to-reach areas where climate control and surface preparation are difficult.
Another plus is the short drying time that leaves the painted areas immersion-ready in eight hours, at 20° Celsius, thus ensuring a quick return to service.
With its very low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and ease of use, Hempadur EM 35740 is ideal for on board maintenance work to keep the ballast tank coating in "GOOD" condition (according to new IMO guidelines for maintenance and repair of ballast tank coatings, MSC.1/Circ. 1330).
Ultimately the product can help shipowners to avoid costly annual inspections schemes and reduces the need for repair work at the next dry docking - all without disturbing vessel operation.
While Hempadur EM 35740 is particularly developed for on-board ballast tank maintenance, it is also suitable as a general on-board maintenance primer for most other areas of the vessel.
- The easiest way to keep corrosion down while at sea
- Helps keep your ballast tank coating in "GOOD" condition (according to IMO guidelines)
- Reduced need for repair work at next dry docking
- Short drying/curing time (immersion-ready in eight hours, at 20° Celsius)
- Easy handling and less waste, thanks to handy 2.5 litre cans
- Easy application reaching sufficient film thickness by brush
- Surface-tolerant for reduced preparation time
- Moisture-tolerant for application on damp surfaces
- Extremely low VOC for maximum convenience and care for crew and environment
- Minimal PPE (personal protection equipment) required
Hempadur EM 35740 makes the tedious work of controlling corrosion in ballast tanks faster and easier.